New Member Information
To become either an individual or corporate/institutional member of NCTA, simply register online or fill out the membership application below and pay the indicated dues. Some of the benefits you will receive include a listing in our Referral Service or Corporate/Institutional member page, our journal Translorial, notices for all events, meetings and workshops, and A Practical Guide for Translators. For an overview of membership benefits, see Why Join?
Please note that there are two forms included below: one to join, and one to apply for inclusion in our Referral Service. There is a single form for Corporate/Institutional members.
1. Application for NCTA membership
2. For individual members who wish to participate in the Referral Service
- Register here. Or fill in the Individual Membership Application Form.
- Pay online while registering, or mail the form to NCTA along with $60 check or money order. Note: Add $25 to dues if you live outside North America and want to receive our journal Translorial by postal mail. Members outside of North America who opt for electronic access only pay the regular individual dues.
- Fill in the Telephone and Online Referral and Professional Services Application. To be accepted, the application must be filled out completely and legibly (relevant translator and/or interpreter sections). The three references required in section (D) will not be disclosed to the public; they remain in your file as confirmation of professional experience.
- Email a 75-word or less profile describing your experience and the services you offer (optional but highly recommended) for section (E); this profile will be included in your listing in the Referral Service.
- Attach your professional résumé. This is required so as to assure that translators/interpreters contacted through NCTA's Referral Service or Directory will have a résumé available for prospective clients.
- Attach proof of any credential claimed in the application and/or the profile (e.g., diplomas, certificates). This required proof will remain in your file as confirmation of your professional training and achievements.
- Scan and e-mail, fax (510-845-8712), or mail the form and attachments.