Registration for this event is now closed.
Registration closes 3/9/2016
Early-bird discount ends 2/27/2016
Member early-bird rate: $110 through Feb. 27
Non-members early-bird rate: $160 through Feb. 27
Please note: places on NCTA workshops are not confirmed until full payment is received.
10:00 - 1:00 Teaching and hands-on practice session 1
1:00 - 2:00 Lunch (not included)
2:00 - 4:30 Teaching and hands-on practice session 2
This full-day workshop is aimed at those who have some knowledge and experience of working with Trados Studio 2015 but who want to learn its more advanced features.
There will be ample time for participants to practice their new skills at their own pace and ask questions. Participants are encouraged to submit questions and requests in advance by emailing them directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based on participant interest and pace of learning, the workshop aims to cover the following topics:
- Translation memory management: exporting, importing and converting TMs
- Translation memory fields: labeling translation units with client names, project numbers etc.
- File type settings: defining what needs to be translated, translating partially translated Excel files, converting tables to TM, adding QuickInsert items, translating additional file types etc.
- Auto-propagation: fine-tuning for efficient and safe use
- AutoSuggest: sources and settings
- Verification tools: find inconsistent translations, spacing errors, tag errors etc.
- OpenExchange apps: what are they and where can you get them
- Termbases: converting glossaries from Excel format to MultiTerm termbases for use with Trados Studio
- Project preparation and batch tasks: file analyses, pre-translating files and locking 100% matches, changing segmentation rules, attaching specific translation memories to a project
- Studio project packages: opening project packages and creating return packages
To obtain a discount to upgrade to the most recent version of Trados Studio, click here.
Tuomas Kostiainen is an independent Trados Studio Trainer and has many years of experience using Trados Studio as a freelance English to Finnish translator and Trados Studio trainer. He has given many Trados workshops for NCTA and other translator organizations and has trained hundreds of translators and project managers around the world.
Refreshments at this workshop are generously sponsored by SDL Technologies. Thank you!
ATA Continuing Education Credit: ATA-certified members will earn five Continuing Education points.
Early payment is advised in order to secure participation and help reach the workshop minimum participation. Unfortunately, workshops may occasionally have to be cancelled or rescheduled if the confirmed participation in advance is very low. NCTA will not be responsible for any consequential losses to participants arising from this.
Cancellation policy: Refunds are issued only if notice of cancellation is received one week prior to the applicable workshop date. A cancellation fee of $10 is charged for all cancellations.
NO ONSITE REGISTRATION! PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED!
Space is limited. Register now to reserve your space.
Questions? Need more info? Email: Sarah Llewellyn at email@example.com.