ATA Certification Exam Workshop 2013
August 24, 2013
Saturday August 24, 2013 1:00-4:00 pm
Note new location!
- To acquaint attendees with the ATA certification process and its most recent changes.
- To explain the mechanics of the examination, the evaluation, and the concepts and details of the grading process.
- To introduce those "tricks of the trade" that may improve your chances of passing the exam.
- To give participants an opportunity to ask questions about the certification program and the exam.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Those who are curious about the certification process of the American Translators Association.
- Those who have been preparing for, or actually may have already taken, the ATA examination and wish to learn ways to improve their chances of passing.
QUESTIONS? NEED MORE INFO?
E-mail Sarah Llewellyn: email@example.com
About the instructor: Tuomas Kostiainen has several years of experience as an ATA exam grader, and as the English to Finnish Language Chair. He has also served two terms as a member of the ATA Certification Committee and was President of NCTA from 2005 to 2011.
NOTE: ATA requirements state that exam candidate must be a member of ATA for at least four weeks prior to the exam date and all candidates not currently ATA certified must have offered proof of eligibility in order to register for the exam. For details, see ATA website at www.atanet.org/certification.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS WORKSHOP IS NOW CLOSED.
The next Certification exams in California:
- San Francisco - September 29, 2013
Click here for a list of all upcoming sittings. If you plan to take the exam, make sure that you have fulfilled the aforementioned ATA membership and eligibility requirements early enough so that you will be able to take the exam.
Workshop cancellation policy: Refunds are issued only if cancellation is received one full week prior to workshop date. A $10 administration fee is deducted from all refunds.
NOTE: NO ONSITE REGISTRATION. PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED!