Trados Studio 2011 Workshop for Intermediate/Advanced Users
December 1, 2012
Saturday, December 1, 2012
10:00 - 1:00 Teaching and hands-on practice session 1
1:00 - 2:00 Lunch (not included)
2:00 - 4:00 Teaching and hands-on practice session 2
Registration now closed.
This workshop includes ample time for practice and Q&A to allow participants to practice their new skills at their own pace and ask questions so that they are ready to start using Trados Studio efficiently right away.
• Learn about some of the more advanced Trados Studio topics, such as translation memory fields, translation memory management, file type settings, verification tools, auto-propagation, and compatibility issues.
• Learn how to convert glossaries from Excel format to MultiTerm termbases for use with Trados Studio.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Those who are already using Trados Studio 2011 but would like to know more about its intermediate/advanced features.
• Those who take Saturday’s Trados Studio 2011 Workshop for Beginners and would like to learn more.
• Note that this workshop is meant for those who already have some previous experience in using Trados Studio. If you don’t have any previous experience or your experience is very limited, you should also take the Trados Studio 2011 Workshop for Beginners (11/10/2012).
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO THE WORKSHOP?
• Since this workshop includes a hands-on component, you need a laptop computer to get the full benefit of the course. However, you will likely find this workshop useful even if you come without a computer. Note that NCTA will NOT provide computers.
• You also need to have Trados Studio 2011 already installed and functioning before the workshop. Trados Studio 2011 trial version (valid for 30 days) is sufficient for the workshop, and can be downloaded from www.translationzone.com/en/landing/sdl-trados-studio-trial/default.asp.
• Optional: Feel free to bring your own translation memories, termbases and glossaries for upgrading/converting them and any other files you would like to work with using Trados Studio.
Tuomas Kostiainen is an SDL-approved Trados Trainer and has several years of experience in using Trados as a freelance English to Finnish translator and Trados trainer. He has given many Trados workshops for NCTA and other translator organizations and has trained hundreds of translators and project managers around the world.
** Workshop attendees wishing to purchase SDL Trados Studio 2011 are eligible for a 30% discount on the price of the software. Promotional codes will be given out at the workshop. **
ATA CE Credit: ATA-certified members will earn up to 5 Continuing Education Points.
CIMCE Credit approved: L2839 (5 hours)
NOTE: This workshop does NOT cover earlier versions of Trados. Because the new Trados Studio 2011 is very different, this workshop will not help you with the use of the earlier versions. If you are interested in workshops or training for the earlier versions (Trados 2007 or older), please contact the instructor.
Refreshments at this workshop are generously sponsored by SDL Language Technologies.