Trados Studio 2011 Workshop for Beginners
November 10, 2012
Saturday, November 10, 2012
9:00 - 12:00 Teaching and hands-on practice session 1
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch (not included)
1:00 - 4:00 Teaching and hands-on practice session 2
Registration now closed
This workshop includes ample time for hands-on practice and Q&A to allow participants to practice their new skills at their own pace and ask questions so that they are ready to start using Trados Studio efficiently right away.
• Find out what Trados Studio 2011 does and doesn’t do.
• Learn how to use the basic functions of Trados Studio 2011.
• Learn how to upgrade/import translation memories for use with Trados Studio 2011.
• Discover how to make the most of this software and put it to good use.
• Hear about common practice regarding the translator-Trados-client relationship, including “Trados rates.”
…in other words: To get you up and translating with Trados Studio 2011, and to feel good about it!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Those who have been thinking about purchasing Trados Studio 2011 or upgrading to it.
• Those who already own Trados Studio 2011 but feel that they are not aware of or don’t know how to use all the basic features and efficiencies the program offers.
• Note that this workshop is meant for those who have no or very little previous experience in using Trados Studio. If you already know the basics of Trados Studio, you should take the Trados Studio 2011 Workshop for Intermediate/Advanced Users (12/1/2012).
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO THE WORKSHOP?
• Since this workshop includes a hands-on component, you need a laptop computer to get the full benefit of the course. However, you will likely find this workshop useful even if you come without a computer. Note that NCTA will NOT provide computers.
• You also need to have Trados Studio 2011 already installed and functioning before the workshop. Trados Studio 2011 trial version (valid for 30 days) is sufficient for the workshop, and can be downloaded from www.translationzone.com/en/landing/sdl-trados-studio-trial/default.asp.
• Optional: Feel free to bring your own translation memories and termbases for upgrading them and any other files you would like to work with using Trados Studio.
Tuomas Kostiainen is an SDL-approved Trados Trainer and has several years of experience in using Trados as a freelance English to Finnish translator and Trados trainer. He has given many Trados workshops for NCTA and other translator organizations and has trained hundreds of translators and project managers around the world.
** Workshop attendees wishing to purchase SDL Trados Studio 2011 are eligible for a 30% discount on the price of the software. Promotional codes will be given out at the workshop. **
ATA CE Credit: ATA-certified members will earn up to 6 Continuing Education Points.
CIMCE Credit approved: L2838 (6 hours)
NOTE: This workshop does NOT cover earlier versions of Trados. Because the new Trados Studio 2011 is very different, this workshop will not help you with the use of the earlier versions. If you are interested in workshops or training for the earlier versions (Trados 2007 or older), please contact the instructor.
Refreshments at this workshop are generously sponsored by SDL Language Technologies.