Exclusive Member Benefits
Membership in NCTA entitles you to many benefits!
- Get work by participating in our online professional database of individual linguists and companies! Our highly visible online referral service, searched an average of 80 times each business day, is one of the easiest ways for new clients to find you. Just one project referral could pay for the cost of your membership.
- Don't reinvent the wheel: Translators and interpreters benefit from our members-only online groups through lively exchanges on pertinent topics of the trade—payment issues, client negotiations, technology solutions, etc.
- Find the right (wo)man for the job: Companies and outsourcers benefit from our members-only online groups by being plugged into the local community of language professionals, a rich source for job placement.
- Discover new skills: Continuing education workshops throughout the year help you build new skills and keep old ones up to date.
- Stay informed: Receive our own industry magazine, Translorial, as part of your membership. Members can read back issues on the site.
- Find technology help: Keep up with the latest developments in software and hardware through presentations at our meetings, and get immediate help on the member online groups when you run into a technology problem.
- Keep in touch: Receive the latest NCTA news and events information by e-mail newsflashes.
- Access linguistic resources: Join our online groups where other translators can give you feedback on terminology issues.
- Network with the pros: Meet other translators and interpreters at our quarterly meetings and informal social events.
- Ensure you're working for reliable clients while receiving a 25% discount of the regular subscription price of the Payment Practices list.
- Prepare for ATA Certification: Attend our certification workshop for tips on how to prepare for the American Translators Association certification exam, or maintain your certification by attending our workshops.
- Gain credibility: Add “NCTA member” and the NCTA member logo to your business card, résumé, email signature and website to show potential clients that you’re committed to your profession.
- Build community: Get involved in the NCTA to build a professional community you can count on.
Join more than 500 Bay Area translators:
Visit our registration page or call us at (510) 845-8712.