Visit our registration page or call (510) 845-8712
"My NCTA membership makes a difference. Every year I get jobs from my membership in this association."
Marianne Reiner, English->French Translator
There are more reasons to join NCTA than we have room to list here! Most importantly, if you participate in our online professional database of individual linguists and companies, just one project referral could pay for the cost of your membership.
- Get work: Our highly visible online referral service, searched an average of 80 times each business day, is one of the easiest ways for new clients to find you.
- Don't reinvent the wheel: Translators and interpreters benefit from our members-only online groups through lively exchanges on pertinent topics of the trade—payment issues, client negotiations, technology solutions, etc.
- Find the right (wo)man for the job: Companies and outsourcers benefit from our members-only online groups by being plugged into the local community of language professionals, a rich source for job placement.
- Discover new skills: Continuing education workshops throughout the year help you build new skills and keep old ones up to date.
- Stay informed: Receive our own industry journal, Translorial, as part of your membership. Members can download back issues on the site. See selected articles at translorial.com.
- Find technology help: Keep up with the latest developments in software and hardware through presentations at our meetings and workshops, and get immediate help on the member online groups when you run into a technology problem.
- Keep in touch: Receive e-mail newsflashes with the latest NCTA news and events information.
- Access linguistic resources: Join our online groups where other translators can give you feedback on terminology issues.
- Network with the pros: Meet other translators and interpreters at our quarterly meetings and informal social events.
- Prepare for ATA Certification: Attend our certification workshop for tips on how to prepare for the American Translators Association certification exam.
- Earn ATA Continuing Education Points: Maintain your ATA certification by attending our workshops and meetings, or writing an article for Translorial. Being a member of NCTA will earn you one point per year.
- Gain credibility: Add the NCTA member logo to your business card, résumé, and website to show potential clients that you are committed to your profession.
- Build community: Get involved in the NCTA to build a professional community you can count on.
Join over 500 translators, interpreters and language service providers today!
Visit our registration page or call us at (510) 845-8712.